Thursday, January 5, 2012

Super Easy Winter Wreath!!

...Wow. It's been WAY too long. The holidays got the best of us all it seems! I hope everyone had a wonderful time over the last few weeks. Now let's get back to making awesome stuff for cheap!!

We are making a winter wreath because, well, it IS winter. You can use any color and decoration your pretty little heart desires. This takes hardly any time and as close to zero skill as one can get. You will need:

1 skein of yarn
a round styrofoam wreath base
hot glue gun
felt to cut snowflakes from
ribbon for hanging



Got all your supplies rounded up? Fantastic!

I didn't take too many pictures because honestly, if you can't figure this out, you probably shouldn't be using the glue gun unsupervised. So, we are going to take the styrofoam circle and put a small dot of glue on the side you deem to be the back. Place the end of your yarn in the dot of glue and hold it until it is secure. Now, just start wrapping the yarn around the foam, keeping it tight.




I put a little line of glue every few inches to keep it secure...in case I dropped it...and so you can put it down without worry if you have to go retrieve your baby who is very loud when she wakes up from a nap.




When you have completely covered the foam, just dot another bit of glue onto it and hold the end down until it dries. Now you are ready to decorate!! I used some pretty blues and white to cut out old school snowflakes. You can use anything you want! Be creative...Use what you have around.

(this reminded me I need to buy more ketchup)



I used some ribbon from the dollar store to hang it. I made a quick bow and hot glued it to the ribbon, let it dry, and hung that bad boy up. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment